Who we are and why we’re hiring
Italian Community Services (ICS) is a small but mighty nonprofit with deep roots in San Francisco serving the Italian American community. We’ve been around for 100+ years and we continue to evolve and adapt to the needs of our community. We are looking for someone to join our team who wants to serve our volunteers, our clients, and our donors. This position will give you exposure and experience with our core programmatic areas. Reporting to the Executive Director this position is ideal for someone who loves all things Italian, has experience growing and nurturing communities and is passionate about helping individuals.
- Own and manage current volunteer program and create a plan to expand the recruitment, communication, utilization and recognition of volunteers and database management
- Design and implement client activities to include in person as well as virtual opportunities and collaborate with other staff to communicate, promote and execute these activities
- Support the Executive Director to track, acknowledge, report and develop new and existing donor relationships to include donor appreciation events
- Build strong relationships with contractors and vendors who support our work and create curated lists of resources that can be shared across our programs
- Develop and track metrics that measure volunteer, client and donor impact
- Collaborate to increase the organization’s profile on social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc…)
- Contribute to quarterly newsletter with impact stories and metrics to communicate the value of our programs
- Monitor community needs and report to leadership so we continue to be as relevant to our community as possible
- Special projects as assigned by the Executive Director
- 2+ years of related experience with nonprofit, volunteer, social impact, philanthropic, corporate social responsibility fields
- Direct experience managing events and/or volunteers
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solver, and a commitment to excellent work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills. A passion for developing and nurturing relationships
- Comfort with and interest in leveraging technology to make our work more efficient and scalable
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize and follow-through
- Resourceful and able to work successfully with limited resources
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience with nonprofit, volunteer, social impact, philanthropic, corporate social responsibility fields
- Experience with elderly and/or special needs persons
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
In one of the most iconic neighborhoods of San Francisco, CA in the acclaimed Fugazi building in North Beach. Some work from home days also available for this position.
Compensation & Benefits
This role is also eligible to participate in the following benefits:
Health care insurance (medical, dental, & vision), 403(b) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off
More About Us
Italian Community Services
“Preserving our Culture, Serving our Community. A Tradition of Excellence”
Since the 1900s, Italian Community Services played a vital role in the Bay Area Italian American Community. The extensive services provided by reach far and wide from helping newly arrived Italian immigrants with resources in their new home to funding robust Italian language and immersion programs to coordinating in-home care for our seniors. And we do all of this while celebrating Italy’s beautiful culture, language and cuisine.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the oldest Italian nonprofit in North America please submit a resume/CV and brief cover letter as PDF files to email@example.com
Please answer this question in your cover letter:
- What experience do you bring that would contribute to the communities that Italian Community Services serves?
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ITALIAN COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.