Client Advocate Manager
Full-Time, Non-Exempt Employee
Who we are and why we’re hiring
Italian Community Services (ICS) is a small but mighty nonprofit with deep roots in San Francisco serving the Italian and Italian-American community. We’ve been around for 100+ years and we continue to evolve and adapt to the needs of our community. We are looking for someone to join our team who wants to primarily serve our clients who are at the center of our programming. This position will directly serve ICS clients who need quality and compassionate assistance and services. Reporting to the Executive Director this position is ideal for someone who loves all things Italian and is passionate about helping individuals live flourishing lives.
- Deliver support services programs for clients using a lens of cultural humility.
- Identify clients in need of services and maintain awareness of clients’ overall health status; including but not limited to specific medical, financial, housing, and senior care coordination needs.
- Create solutions to client issues by leveraging current programs, and suggesting referrals to other city and nonprofit programs, including assistance with applying for these.
- Advocate for clients and provide regular and consistent follow-up to ensure reliable follow both internally and externally.
- Remains current regarding new research, new programs, and resources, including developing new resources and relationships with outside service providers that can benefit our clients.
- Organize and facilitate community-building activities including but not limited to luncheons, cultural celebrations, large and small group social events, holiday celebrations, skill-building workshops, and informational workshops.
- Work with Community Relationship Manager to identify and coordinate volunteers who can support your work.
- Comply with all HIPAA and PHI policies and procedures.
- Manage budgets associated with the programs you oversee.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and files on all clients receiving services using ICS’ electronic tools
- Attend and contribute to all weekly meetings with the manager and team
- Provide supervision to client advocate staff
- Complete other job duties as assigned
- 2+ years of related experience with nonprofit, volunteer, social impact, philanthropic, and/or human services fields
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and advocate effectively with people at all levels, internally and externally
- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Able to exercise high levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize and follow through and overall work successfully with limited resources
- Collaborative, creative problem solver, and a commitment to excellent work
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, and be multi-task proficient.
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Experience and ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work calmly with behavioral and health-related incidents.
- Proficient and comfortable with technology related to this job including cloud technology, specifically the Microsoft suite of products and others including Slack, password managers, CRM, etc…
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Bi-lingual: Italian/English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field
- Experience with senior and/or disabled communities
In one of the most iconic neighborhoods of San Francisco, CA in the acclaimed Fugazi building in North Beach. Some work from home days also available for this position.
Compensation & Benefits
This role is also eligible to participate in the following benefits:
Health care insurance (medical, dental, & vision), 403(b) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off
More About Us
Italian Community Services
“Preserving our Culture, Serving our Community”
Since the 1900s, Italian Community Services has played a vital role in the Bay Area Italian and Italian American Community. As trustees of Casa Fugazi, we leverage our space for the benefit of the community it was built for. In addition, we provide a range of services including coordinating in-home care for our seniors, helping newly arrived Italian immigrants with referrals in their new home, to funding robust Italian language and immersion programs. And we do all of this while celebrating Italy’s beautiful culture, language and cuisine.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ITALIAN COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.