Italian Community Services is seeking a driven & motivated intern with a love for the Italian Community. This position is for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment and who are excited about the opportunity to bring a 100+ year old nonprofit who has adapted to the needs of the Italian Community into the modern world.
The Social Media & Digital Marketing Intern will be responsible for supporting the social media and digital marketing initiatives of the team. In this role, the intern will conduct audience, trend, and community research to guide them in creating content to be featured on the organization’s social media and blog. The ideal candidate will have experience in social media and graphic design and will be extremely organized and well-spoken when communicating digitally, with a genuine interest in Italian heritage and history.
The intern will assist in creating content and managing the nonprofit’s Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts, developing content to inform, educate and engage the nonprofit’s audience to increase awareness and achieve marketing and fundraising goals.
This role is hybrid with the opportunity to be fully remote. The number of hours the intern is expected to work each week is flexible but is expected to be between 10 and 20 hours per week.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the social media manager by researching, developing, and implementing a social media strategy to improve the organization’s online presence
- Content research and creation for various social media platforms
- Assist with social campaigns for fundraising and other initiatives
- Engage with the North Beach Italian community by engaging with relevant accounts and sharing relevant content (i.e. events, businesses, etc.)
- Gain an enhanced understanding of social media marketing as well as how to develop and execute a social media strategy
- Build a portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of and ability to manage nonprofit social media marketing, including but not limited to how to conduct keyword and hashtag searches, defining a target audience, storytelling, content strategy
Learning Outcomes and Goals:
- Enhance understanding of social media marketing strategies
- Increase experience creating content and balancing multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Experience audience engagement cultivation techniques
- Research new methods of improving social media strategies
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the nonprofit landscape across social media platforms
- Create a complete monthly strategy, content, and engagement that drives awareness
- Lead and create agenda for weekly 1-on-1 with supervisor
- Check Slack and email regularly during the workweek
- Communicate confirmation of new assignments/projects and meeting invites
Education & Experience:
- Must be actively and presently enrolled an accredited college or university at an undergraduate or graduate level.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and best-practices
- Familiar with and/or strong interest in North Beach and the greater Italian community across the Bay Area
- Experience in engaging with customers in a professional or brand-specific scope
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Early adopter of evolving social media landscape and all its related technological enhancements
- Social media best practices and non-profit knowledge are preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of Italian culture, heritage, and community preferred.
- Social Media management software, tools, and trends knowledge.
- Microsoft Office & G-Suites
- Creativity and content creation including video, visual, and written content.
- Comfortable and proficient with basic and intermediate data analysis
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and dependable
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Communicate timely and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Effectively plan and execute projects
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Interact in a professional manner with a wide variety of people
- Cultural respect and sensitivity
- Potential Stipend
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.